Need A Muskoka Contractor? How To Find The Perfect Fit For Your Southern Ontario Cottage.
Finding the right Muskoka contractor to trust with your dream home or dream cottage is tough. It’s a relationship that requires a lot of trust so you’re not micromanaging everything, and a lot of confidence in their ability to bring your dreams to life. Plus, the right contractor isn’t just about the finished product – they can help the entire process go as smooth as silk, keeping your reno on track, on budget, and on time.
We’ve compiled a list of questions to ask any potential candidates to make sure you’re finding the right fit. The Canadian Home Builders Association has a list of suggested questions, plus we’ve created some additional ones based on our years of building in the Kawarthas.
Canadian Home Builders’ Association suggests you ask these questions:
- What services do you offer?
- Have you done renovations like this before?
- Can we visit one of your current projects?
- Do you carry workers’ compensation and liability insurance?
- What warranty do you offer on your work?
- Do you have references? Call them and ask about the contractor’s experience. Was the work completed within the specified time frame and for the agreed-upon price? Are they happy with the work?
Suggested Additional Questions:
- Are you Reno-Mark Certified?
- Are you up to speed on provincial workplace safety standards?
- What’s your lake knowledge like? Are you familiar with all pre-construction, municipal, and legal requirements for new builds and remodels in lake country?
- How long have you worked with your subcontractors?
- How will you handle other projects you have going on at the same time?