What It Really Means To Be RenoMark™-Certified
We at Gilbert + Burke are proud to be RenoMark™-certified. But, you might be asking, what does that mean? As it happens, behind that checkmark logo is a lot for our clients to be interested in.
Essentially, RenoMark™ provides third-party credibility for what we do. First, a contractor like G+B signs an agreement agreeing to RenoMark™’s code of ethics and warranty conditions. To get to this point, we provide proof of our WSIB insurance and Commercial Liability Insurance. We also have to belong to our local professional organization, which has its own code of ethics. For instance, Gilbert + Burke belongs both to the Peterborough & Kawarthas Home Builders Association and the Simcoe County Home Builders Association.
As regards our responsibilities and reliability, our RenoMark™ certification shows that we abide by their code of conduct which includes the following responsibilities:
- Be a member in good standing of the local Canadian Home Builders’ Association.
- Abide by the Association’s Code of Ethics.
- Provide a detailed, written contract (including scope of work) for all jobs.
- Offer a minimum two-year warranty on all work (excludes minor home repair).
- Carry a minimum of $2 million liability insurance.
- Have coverage for workplace safety and employers’ liability, and/or work only with subcontractors who carry such coverage.
- Carry applicable licenses and permits.
- Have access to information, education, training, and professional development through membership in the Association.
- Maintain a safe and organized worksite.
- Return phone calls within two business days.
From a client’s point-of-view, that first glimpse of Gilbert + Burke’s RenoMark™ logo signals we share a common ground with other certified contractors and meet a common standard of being professional, reliable, and legally compliant. Clients can feel confident that an association with RenoMark™ will mean their contractor works at a high level of professionalism, has legitimate business licences, is informed about the latest building codes and workplace safety regulations, is ready to share a wealth of relevant advice, and offers both a warranty and after-sales service.
Make no mistake, that single RenoMark™ checkmark will check every box on your list of contractor considerations. Keep an eye out for it when seeking a partner for your cottage renovation or new build.